Why you need a mobile website:
- 66% of Americans ages 24-35 own a smartphone
- More than 50% of all mobile searches are for goods and services
- Our statistics show that 10% of searches come from a mobile device. The majority of those searches come from Apple devices- iPhone and iPad.(April 2012)
- Are you losing searches in your market because your site doesn't show well on a smartphone?
- Mobile phone users look up business maps, hours, phone number, products, and services offered.
Not every business needs a mobile version of their website. A mobile version of your site can have the same content as your desktop version- but trimmed down to give mobile users the information they want.
When we 'mobilize' your website, we use code to detect what type of device(phone, tablet, or desktop) the user is on. The content of the website is then delivered to users according to that. There's no need to design for the individual brand(iPhone, Blackberry, Android device) of smartphone because the methods we employ can be shown on any of the major phone.
How should it work?
- Website detects if person searching is on a tablet, phone, or desktop.
- User has the option of visiting mobile site or desktop version.
- Consumer has the ability to call business directly from mobile site
- Key information is easily accessible to user- business hours, key contacts and email, map with directions, phone number(link)
- Buttons should be larger and easy to navigate.
- Information presented(images and copy) should be trimmed down from desktop version.
How can we help?
Maine Graphics and Skibility have been creating websites for the past 10+ years. We stay keep current on the ever changing internet technologies. This is why we believe that now is the time for most businesses to mobilize their current website(s).
If you'd like to discuss the possibilities, please call 207-992-3352 or email us talk it over. We'll consult to see if a mobile web site design is for you with no-obligation.